* Baie du Tamarin: this bay situated at the mouth of Tamarin River, in a beautiful landscape is the centre of surfing in Mauritius. Gigantic waves roll to the bay almost over the whole year.
* Baie du Tombeau: 15 minutes by car away from Port Louis. Beach overgrown with cocos.
* Belle Mare: white sandy beach with a deep lagoon at the east coast. The tourism centre extends to Trou d'Eau Douce.
Blue Bay: long beach (Pointe d' Esny to Pointe Corps de Garde) with white sand and crystal-clear ice blue water .Suitable for sailing, surfing and snorkeling.
* Cap Malheureux: small fishing village at the north top of the island, with a fantastic
view of the little islands Ile Plate, Ile Ronde and Coin de Mire. The beautifully situated
graveyard and the chapel on the beach are remarkable for a photo.
* Flic-en Flac: long beach on the west coast with a beautiful lagoon and a lot of tourism offers such as apartment houses, restaurants, snacks and shops.
* Ile aux Cerfs: small heavenly island at the East coast which can be reached by boats from Pointe Maurice (about 30 minutes trip). Splendid white sand and lagoons with water in all blue tones. Water sports offers and a restaurant are available. One meets wild living deer at raids over the island. Ile aux Cerfs is one of the most beautiful places in the Indian ocean. Don't fail paying a visit there.
* Mont Choisy: beautiful long beach at the northern coast full of Filao trees.
* Péreybère: a small beach at the coastal road, between Grand Baie and Cap Malheureux, appreciated by mauritians. The water is deep and clear.
* Pointe aux Piments: quiet and stretched beach.
* Rivière Noire: the centre of deep-sea fishing in Mauritius.
* Trou-aux-Biches: one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius. It is particularly suitable for children since the water isn't deep there. It is also a nice place to snorkel, especially for beginners because you can reach the lovely coral-reefs and a variety of exotic fishes easily after only 50 - 100 m swim